If you require total hard drive sanitization, please see cyberCide.
100% Windows 8 Compatibility with Shadow Copy Destruction
Previous versions of Privacy Suite cannot perform even the most basic functions under Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista. Our new Version 5.1 not only fully supports Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista, but addresses the unique security risks posed by these new operating systems.
For example, Shadow Copies, which are virtual "snapshots" of all user activity and files, pose a particular cause for concern. While many competing products may be able to erase an "original file" beyond recovery, the copy of that file retained within the Volume Shadow Copy is not touched. Privacy Suite not only erases original files but also the associated Shadow Copies that compromise your security and privacy.
Also be aware that competitors’ programs that claim to erase Shadow Copies wipe all Shadow Copies as opposed to only the necessary copies. This not only puts you at an extreme disadvantage if you need to retrieve a non-sensitive file, but also results in the loss of your Restore Points should you need to service your computer. Finally, these competing products require a full free space wipe to complete their erasure process which will take hours. Privacy Suite targets only the Shadow Copies necessary to securely delete your sensitive files, which reduces to time required to protect this aspect of your privacy.
The Risk Monitor™
Older versions of Privacy Suite allowed you to remove evidence of your Internet activity, ensure that previously "deleted" files were non-recoverable, securely erase specific files and destroy the contents of your Recycle Bin. However, it was up to the individual user to have knowledge of these functions and know when to run them.
The new Risk Manager provides an unprecedented new level of security. It will automatically notify you at default or custom intervals when you are at risk. It will also alert you of available patches, fixes, updates and upgrades. You can easily address and fix each risk alert with a simple click of your mouse.
Automatically Update and Download Plug-ins
(Note- A "plug-in" allows you to clean traces from third party programs, such as Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player.)
With earlier versions of Privacy Suite software updating your third party plug-ins required waiting for and buying a new program upgrade.
Now with our Yearly Subscription (optional) you will receive plug-ins for new and existing programs immediately. A simple click will download and install. So when, for example, Adobe® Acrobat goes from version 8 to version 9, you will not miss a beat.
A 90 Day Free Subscription is included.
Are you using Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome 41 or Firefox 34?
If you do not have Privacy Suite 5.1, you are at risk. Older versions of our software cannot remove traces from these popular browsers. The new Privacy Suite 5.1 brings enhanced methods to remove history from these popular apps.
Are you using Windows Media Player 12?
Dated versions of Privacy Suite cannot remove traces from viewing video clips or streaming media.
- New DoD Erasure Methods
- Data Retention Capability
- New Command-Line Parameters
- Many Performance Enhancements
- Network Versions Available
- Basic and Advanced Mode
- Quick Launch Icon
- Detailed Log File Reporting
- Robust Scheduler
- Secure Files with AES 256 Encryption
- Retention of Restore Points
- New Erasure Methods: German VSITR, Russian GOST P50739-95
- Destroy Alternate Data Streams
- Stealth mode
- Permissions module limiting functions to Users and Groups
- VIA Nehemiah Random Number Generator
- Privacy Guard Auto Reboot
- Automatically Erase Newsgroup binaries (alt, etc.)
- Destruction of file attributes from previously "deleted" files
- Automatic Updates
- Panic key
- Allocate system resources from within the program
- Generate and submit Support Tickets directly from Privacy Suite
- Upgrade protection retains your prior CyberScrub program settings
- Task Shortcut Keys
Sensitive Areas Cleaned
ACD See 6
ACD See 9
ACD See 14
Adobe Acrobat 8x
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition
Adobe Photoshop Elements 5
AOL 9 Browser
AOL 9 VR
AOL Messenger 9
Avant Browser 11
BS Player 2
Corel Paint Shop Pro XI
DivX Player 6.5
Download Accelerator Plus
Google Desktop Extreme
Google Talk 1.0
Google Chrome 41
HP PhotoSmart Essential
Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 9, 10
Internet Explorer 11
Java Runtime Environment
Java Runtime Environment 6
Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013
Mozilla Firefox 34
MP3 Rocket 4.9
Music Match Jukebox
News Rover 13
Norton AntiVirus 2012
Norton Internet Security 2014/2015
Norton Internet Security 2009/2010
Open Office 2
Outlook Express (email & news reader)
Paint Shop Pro 9
Photoshop 6 & 7
Photoshop CS 10
Real Player 10
Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite
Secure IE 2004
Speed Commander 11
Tweak Master Pro 2.5
Videlan VCL Media Player
VideoLAN VLC 0.8.6
Windows Live Messenger 8
Windows Media Player 9
Windows Media Player 12
Windows Movie Maker 5
Yahoo Messenger 11
Yahoo! Messenger 8
Plus MANY more. If you don't see your app, please ask us.
Windows Areas Cleaned Include:
Alternate Data Streams
DirectX Most Recent Applications
Find Computer Dialog Box
Find Files Dialog Box
Recently Used Documents
Registry Editor Last Opened Key
Start Menu Recent Programs (XP)
Windows Application Logs
Windows Picture Locations
Map Network Drive MRU
Unread Mail Count
Windows User Assist MRU
Microsoft Management Console
RegEdit last opened key
Tray Notification Area History
Start Menu Programs History
Windows Explorer Streams
System Transaction Log File
- Completely eliminates sensitive data from your computer: valuable corporate trade secrets, business plans, personal files, confidential letters, e-mail messages, Media Player/Real Player history, Web browser tracks, AutoComplete, cookies, Recent Docs, Find/Run data, etc.. Supports Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla and Opera.
- Peer2Peer- Erase all evidence from 22 popular applications such as KaZaA, iMesh, Morpheus and more.
- Privacy Suite erases data by wiping its contents beyond recovery, destroying its name and dates and finally removing it from disk.
- Meets and exceeds the U.S. Department of Defense standards for the permanent erasure of digital information (U.S. DOD 5220.22).
- Wipe compressed files on NTFS (allows wiping from the original location of the file).
- Scramble file names and folders- destroy file attributes from FAT or MFT partitions.
- Offers wipe methods that can stop both software and hardware recovery tools from restoring the erased data.
- Stealth mode.
- Isaac Random Generating Algorithm.
- Completely destroys any data from previously deleted files that might still be accessible on your disk (in the Recycle Bin, in the unused area of the disk or in the slack portion of existing files).
- Destruction of file attributes from previously "deleted" files.
- Integration with the Windows Recycle Bin: Privacy Suite can destroy the files contained in the Recycle Bin beyond recovery.
- Integration with the Windows shell. You can drag files and folders from Explorer and drop them in Privacy Suite, or you can erase them directly from Explorer or My Computer, with a single mouse click.
- Eliminate newsgroup binaries (photos), room conversations and Instant Messages that are stored on your computer.
- Erases folder structures (folders with all their subfolders and files) and even entire drives.
- Delete "locked" Windows files, index.dat, the swap file and "cookies" that track your Internet history.
- Cookie management allows you to keep selected cookies.
- Privacy Suite can automatically clear the contents of folders that usually contain sensitive data (such as the Web browser cache, Temporary Internet files, the recent document list, the folder designated for temporary files, etc.).
- Advanced features such as verifying each wipe pass and each disk operation allow Privacy Suite to intercept any failures and inform you if data is not successfully erased.
- The command line parameters allow you to insert erasing commands to your BAT files and then run this BAT file automatically using SystemAgent or other scheduling software.
- Erase USB flash mini/thumb drives.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems, floppy, ZIP